Winter has come. Let's jump right into it!
THINK WINTER (in all aspects). This is truly the time to rest, or to hibernate, if you will. If you don't, you might end up feeling burnt out for the rest of the cycle. THEREFORE, DITCH THE GIRLBOSSING. And for those of you who are not familiar with "the girlboss", bascially, stop hustling! At least for the 5 days of your cycle, take it slower.
What does this mean???? Anything that's going to keep you warm spiritually, physically and mentally is a go.
- Soups 🍜 lentil soup, mixed veggie soup, leek soup
- Stews 🍲
- Herbal Teas 🍵 especially liquorice
- Veggies: 🍆 Especially cruciferous (veggie soup 2in1!)
- Omega 3s: 💊 You can find them in the vitamin isle
- Magnesium: 🧲 find them naturally in pumpkin seeds or in the form of a capsule or even as a spray!
- Yoga 🧘♂️
- Pilates 🤸♀️
- NAPPING 🛌 yes, it's a sport
- Meditate 🙇♀️ if you manage to surpass the pain, you can enter a blissful stage because your body releases, endorphins. Some consider it a "high", it's quite cool actually!
- Journal 📖 especially if you're feeling a bit negative about yourself, try to write these things down and remind yourself that you are probably feeling like this because your stress levels are high and your hormones are low - it's easy to let it get the best of us!
As you move into winter, you will feel yourself having less energy, being less social, more irritable at times. Your winter is a great time to look inward, reflect, spend some time alone and enforce boundaries.
REST, REST, REST: we don't mean just nap more. During this phase, it's so important that you rest in as many ways as you can. For example, if you have the chance, try working from home (maybe add some fuzzy socks and some hot tea). Other types of rest include taking some time off-screens (blue light can mess up your sleep quality), socialising less and spending some time in nature, even a walk in the park or taking your lunch outside.
Rest is not an option? We may not be able to take much time to rest, due to our work demands, or simply because our schedules won't align with our cycle (but we will learn how to align them!). However, any time you can dedicate to yourself, is going to be a super-booster in this phase. Even just a quiet 30 minute bath with epson salt, an evening yin yoga session or reading your comfort book in the evening.